What’s inside the vehicle history report?
The vehicle history report compiles all available records related to your VIN into a single report. It includes:
- Detailed vehicle specifications
- Current and history title records
- Reported odometer readings & issues
- Checks across 60+ potential title brands
- The date and entity for title brands present
- Records of total-loss reported by insurance companies
- Records of salvage reported by junk and salvage yards
- The contact information associated junk, salvage, and insurance entities
Where does the data come from?
The vehicle history data is supplied by the National Motor Vehicle Title Information System (NMVTIS). States, insurance carriers, and salvage yards are required by federal law to report data to NMVTIS. According to NMVTIS, their data providers include over 9000 insurance carriers, auto recyclers, junk yards and salvage yards and their database includes over 40 million salvage or total loss records.
How do I get a report for my vehicle?
You can begin by running an instant lookup on your Vehicle Identification Number.